August 25th Select topic from 11 options
August 26th Easybib.com signup and tutorial
Begin notecard and source card process
August 29th Continue note cards and source cards
August 30th Continue note cards and source cards
August 31st All cards are due
We will work on sorting and labeling
September 1st Work on Outline
September 2nd Finish outline and print works cited page
September 6th Go over parenthetical citations and begin working on paper
September 12th Papers are DUE!
It’s about that time 🙂
In order to select your research topic, please refer to the packet of SOL writing prompts you were given last week. Remember to number them 1-47. The optional prompts are listed below:
2, 19, 20, 25, 27, 28, 29, 35, 40, 41, 47
“The Sun Still Rises in the Same Sky”
“The Sky Tree”
“The Earth Only”
“Coyote Finishes His Work”
Mary Rowlandson’s narrative
“Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”
Olaudah Equiano’s captivity narrative
“The Autobiography” (Benjamin Franklin)
“Poor Richard’s Almanack”
I’m so sorry that I was out last week. Unfortunately, I will be out again at least one other day this week. You can throw away the August calendar that I gave you. It is completely wrong now. I need to be with you for that process and therefore I have flip-flopped the research paper and Collection One. I know you began Collection One Friday, today we will review what you read, and move on to Mary Rowlandson. We will begin research papers next week, so hold on to your index cards. I will give you a new calendar this week.
For this week:
Expect NoRedInk assignments to continue
Expect your first journal to be turned in Friday
Expect to finish Collection One
Expect to see grades finally go in to PowerSchool 🙂
Expect to see and discuss your pre-tests
Good morning! Today we will begin with the Reading Pre-Test (your last one!) and then move on to another NoRedInk.com assignment, and then begin contemplating our research topics.
Your NoRedInk assignment is on COMMAS!
Please remember to bring in your index cards tomorrow!
Also, if anyone is interested in running for junior class office, see me for a form. Forms are due by Friday.
Junior class officers help to organize the junior float, decorations, etc. for Homecoming, assist with prom planning, fundraising, keeping juniors informed with other info, and lobbying for senior class privileges at the end of the year.
Tonight your homework is to get the email form signed that I will hand out today.
Happy Wednesday! We’ve made it half way through!
Select “calendars” from the tool bar above to locate this month’s calendar 🙂
Today you will need to sign up for two things:
Remind101- This is the only time you may take our your phone 😉
I will use Remind occasionally to give you reminders, but not every night! Rely on your calendars!
2nd period-text @booth2ndc to 81010
4th period-text @booth4thc to 81010
Secondly, we will be using a site called NoRedInk.com quite frequently to practice grammar.
In order to have access to this site, you will need to complete the following steps:
Go to NoRedInk.com
Click “Sign Up”
Select “I’m a Student”
and then enter the class code
2nd period’s class code is whw8m4he
4th period’s class code is 4aevwwc9
The only way you’ll be able to see your assignments and grades is to sign up with the correct code.
1. All school rules apply!
2. NO CELL PHONES AT ALL! Do NOT think about charging your phones in the wall OR with the computer!
3. No food.
4. Work is accepted up to one day late. Things turned in a day late receive a deduction of 30 points. After one day they will not be accepted.
5. If you miss as day, it is up to YOU to get the missing work.
6. I do not like cheaters.
7. You will receive 5 passes to leave the classroom per 9 weeks. Unused passes will be used for extra credit at the end of the grading period.
On your index card, answer the following 10 questions, honestly and appropriately. 🙂
1. What’s your full name and did you get it? Named after someone? A funny connection to something your parents liked?
2. what do you want to do after graduation? Be specific, with details!
3. What is your music taste?
4. What did you do this past weekend?
5. Do you have a job? If so, what is it and when do you work? If not, where would you like to work?
7. Favorite vacation spot or place to go?
8. Favorite sports teams?
9. What’s the best story/book you’ve ever read?
10. If you had an extra 50.00 today, what would you do with it?